JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Toyota Forum

Reply
 
Old 10/11/2009, 05:24 PM   #1
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default show your supra

post pics of your supra! ill post pics of my 88 later


__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2009, 06:47 PM   #2
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default Re: show your supra

here's some pics as promised. forgive the mess im in process of changing everything over to 89+ style. now on to the pics




pics of the pos 7m that keeps breakin. only mods are intake, full 3" turbo back exhaust, mishimoto 2 row radiator with flex-a-lite fans(accordian pipe off so i can fix the coolants lines for the turbo)



__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2009, 08:53 PM   #3
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

I have a parts car just like that one. BHG twice, was starting to do a jz swap but picked up a 1jz for cheap with recaro interior and a lot of other rare jdm parts. But they where both 88 silver with maroon interior, just like yours.

Where are you located? Name? What keep going wrong with your 7m? I loved mine but the crank was unusable and the block was warped A LOT!!!

Mine.








  Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2009, 08:56 PM   #4
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default Re: show your supra

Im trevor im from Iowa Falls. mainly just stupid little crap keeps breakin. ya i hate the maroon interior that came in some so i made sure when i found my supra i got one without it lol


__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2009, 09:58 PM   #5
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_mk3 View Post
Im trevor im from Iowa Falls. mainly just stupid little crap keeps breakin. ya i hate the maroon interior that came in some so i made sure when i found my supra i got one without it lol
Stupid little crap? What?

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2009, 11:27 AM   #6
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default Re: show your supra

valves covers leaked bad when i got it, power steering wasnt completly bolted up, belts were all bad, then radiator cracked, oil cooler lines leaked, power steering return line leaked, short speedo cable was broke, plugs were all fouled, shifter bushing was worn beyond belief, coolant lines for turbo leaked, exhaust was wired up. just little things that keep coming up and prevent me from driving because i dont have alot of time to work on it between school and work. although it makes it alot more fun when i do get to drive it.


__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2009, 06:20 PM   #7
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_mk3 View Post
valves covers leaked bad when i got it, power steering wasnt completly bolted up, belts were all bad, then radiator cracked, oil cooler lines leaked, power steering return line leaked, short speedo cable was broke, plugs were all fouled, shifter bushing was worn beyond belief, coolant lines for turbo leaked, exhaust was wired up. just little things that keep coming up and prevent me from driving because i dont have alot of time to work on it between school and work. although it makes it alot more fun when i do get to drive it.
As long as the engine runs and doesn't have a blown head gasket, KEEP THE 7M!!. If you have no time to work on it now, you will definitely not have to swap a 1jz. I have heard of 90+ hours in the harness to get it to run and another 10 the get the little bugs worked out. I loved my 7m, about how much torque it had, the sound, the way the ct26 spooled, and that the only reason that it ran was because of all the work I had done to it.

All the problems that you have are to be expected on a 21 year old car that has most likely been neglected for 15+ years and 100,000+ miles.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2009, 07:47 PM   #8
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default Re: show your supra

ya i expected most of the work im doing now. i havent fully decided if i want to swap it out or not yet. the guy i got my supra from said the motor had about 160K on it and wasnt sure if the headgasket was changed. i will definitly agree with on the torque and the sound.


__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2009, 10:45 PM   #9
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_mk3 View Post
ya i expected most of the work im doing now. i havent fully decided if i want to swap it out or not yet. the guy i got my supra from said the motor had about 160K on it and wasnt sure if the headgasket was changed. i will definitly agree with on the torque and the sound.
They go around 120,000 miles. My friends supra (7mgte) had 170k, ran strong at 12psi but put some drag radials on and put to much of a load on the motor and it started to knock. You would know if a head gasket is blown. Like I said before, unless you have time to do a swap or have enough money to pay someone who knows exactly how to do it right (and not take forever) stick with the 7m. To do a stock rebuild and a decent turbo (57 trim ct26, with a evc and safc) is about the same as a swap, price wise.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2009, 09:53 AM   #10
ctopher06
JDM Fan
 
ctopher06's Avatar
 
ctopher06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norwalk/ Iowa City
Posts: 30

 
Default Re: show your supra

90+ hrs? some people must be really bad at wiring lol. 1jz swaps aren't really that hard to do.. 7m runs great with a upgraded headgasket and arp's. i know several people who are rocking the 7m.


__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2009, 02:33 PM   #11
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctopher06 View Post
90+ hrs? some people must be really bad at wiring lol. 1jz swaps aren't really that hard to do.. 7m runs great with a upgraded headgasket and arp's. i know several people who are rocking the 7m.
90+ is on the high side. I know a guy with 24-30 in his 2j swap. The guy that has 90+ is on supramania and has a build thread confirming this, but it was excellent work, making the harness to look like it was from the factory, and the perfect length.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2009, 01:34 PM   #12
ctopher06
JDM Fan
 
ctopher06's Avatar
 
ctopher06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norwalk/ Iowa City
Posts: 30

 
Default Re: show your supra

ah ic.. i'm no stranger to these motor swaps anymore. they are pretty difficult but good swaps. I owned a mk II back in the day.


__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2009, 03:50 PM   #13
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctopher06 View Post
ah ic.. i'm no stranger to these motor swaps anymore. they are pretty difficult but good swaps. I owned a mk II back in the day.
Yeah they are like honda swaps where the harnesses are almost exactly the same. And have plug and play extended harnesses. I've been thinking about building the 7m I have sitting around and putting it in a mkii. There are a couple around town here and one has around 350hp in a 2800lb car. On stock ecu with a safc just under fuel cut. But just blew it up about 3 weeks ago racing. Put a hole in the #3 piston from detonation.

Last edited by nick88; 10/16/2009 at 03:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2009, 05:03 PM   #14
ctopher06
JDM Fan
 
ctopher06's Avatar
 
ctopher06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norwalk/ Iowa City
Posts: 30

 
Default Re: show your supra

mk II?


__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2009, 01:12 AM   #15
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctopher06 View Post
mk II?
Yeah.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 03:59 PM   #16
newgen
JDM Soldier
 
newgen is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rice City
Posts: 171

 
Default Re: show your supra

Nick, chris's is from norwalk lol. The MK II nicks talking about is tonys. My wiring took me about 30 hours to do. It has nothing to do with me not being good at it. If you take a look at a full harness you dont realize how many wires there are to extend till you actually do it lol. thats the part that takes the longest. The rewiring only takes about an hour.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Lee_MA61
JDM Soldier
 
Lee_MA61 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 152

 
Default Re: show your supra

Can I play?


My Silver 85':







My Red 84':









A messy day in my garage.. JZ harness' suck..



for the 1JZ lovers:


Last edited by Lee_MA61; 10/19/2009 at 04:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 08:48 PM   #18
ctopher06
JDM Fan
 
ctopher06's Avatar
 
ctopher06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norwalk/ Iowa City
Posts: 30

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen View Post
Nick, chris's is from norwalk lol. The MK II nicks talking about is tonys. My wiring took me about 30 hours to do. It has nothing to do with me not being good at it. If you take a look at a full harness you dont realize how many wires there are to extend till you actually do it lol. thats the part that takes the longest. The rewiring only takes about an hour.
I wondered if it was you that they were refering too lol. i realize how long it takes.. i have played with a few now as you know how are you gonna be a pro-drifter and not be able to do a harness in 1hr matt!! come on now lol jk


__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 09:47 PM   #19
CampbellsChunkySoupra
JDM Soldier
 
CampbellsChunkySoupra's Avatar
 
CampbellsChunkySoupra is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 370

 
Default Re: show your supra

Supras are slow.

/thread


__________________

CampbellsChunkySoupra.
"It's better to be dead and cool, then alive and uncool.."
Harley Davidson - Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 09:51 PM   #20
newgen
JDM Soldier
 
newgen is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rice City
Posts: 171

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctopher06 View Post
I wondered if it was you that they were refering too lol. i realize how long it takes.. i have played with a few now as you know how are you gonna be a pro-drifter and not be able to do a harness in 1hr matt!! come on now lol jk
lol ah what will I ever do

My cars completely stock no need for pics


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish View Post
"Theologicly" it could just be roll race envy......
1988 Toyota Supra: You don't know!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 10:15 PM   #21
ctopher06
JDM Fan
 
ctopher06's Avatar
 
ctopher06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norwalk/ Iowa City
Posts: 30

 
Default Re: show your supra

see thats why you can never drift like me

well i can't post any pictures of my old supra cuz i don't have it anymore but matt sure can because its in his backyard! i think lol


__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 10:17 PM   #22
nick88
(BANNED)
 
nick88 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: des moines
Posts: 1,154

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen View Post
lol ah what will I ever do

My cars completely stock no need for pics
Just a 7m on sawbladz right?

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 10:19 PM   #23
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen View Post
lol ah what will I ever do

My cars completely stock no need for pics
haha i doubt that one


__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 10:19 PM   #24
newgen
JDM Soldier
 
newgen is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rice City
Posts: 171

 
Default Re: show your supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_mk3 View Post
here's some pics as promised. forgive the mess im in process of changing everything over to 89+ style. now on to the pics




pics of the pos 7m that keeps breakin. only mods are intake, full 3" turbo back exhaust, mishimoto 2 row radiator with flex-a-lite fans(accordian pipe off so i can fix the coolants lines for the turbo)

hey if you decide you wanna sell your radiator lemme know ;)


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish View Post
"Theologicly" it could just be roll race envy......
1988 Toyota Supra: You don't know!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 10:21 PM   #25
tken
JDM Knight
 
tken's Avatar
 
tken is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Polk City
Posts: 821

 
Default Re: show your supra

lol u like it


__________________

1994 honda civic cx hatch - SOLD
2000 honda civic ex - SOLD
1989 nissan 240sx - JUNKED
1988 toyota supra turbo - SOLD
2007 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - DD
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.