JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Acura RSX/EP3/K-series

Old 02/16/2014, 06:43 PM   #1
crxh22honda
JDM King

Default rsx cabin filter/ heat problems

pretty straight forward, just thought I would share.

I've been having some heating issue in the rsx. I replaced the thermostat with a oem thermostat from the dealer. drained out most of the fluid while doing it, probably should have done a flush then but I didnt. filled with junk mix coolant. (was in a rush after I found out how much labor was involved in changing the thermostat in a rsx. its in a terrible fucking spot. it was all I had on hand)

the heat was the warmest it has ever been . but then I took it to Colorado two days later and ran it rough in the mountains. it was 45-60 degrees there tho during the day and 25 degrees at night so it wasn't as cold as here in Iowa. when I came back it was back to it cold self at idle. which makes me believe the heat core could use a flush and the rest of the cooling system.(should have done it then) but I believe since I only changed some fluid only what leaked out and its not the proper fluid might help bring the heat up a little more as well. I'm going to work on it over the next weekend.

so I probably should have checked the cabin filter first especially since its so cheap to replace. it seemed to be the stock one from 2005. it did bring up the heat 24 degrees at a idle. 91 to 115 degrees which does help a lot but just not enough. at a slow cruise its around 150F. and when your riding the car hard to bring up the heat my top heat went from 210F to 235ishF

this was all done when the car reached it normal engine temps.

Old 02/16/2014, 06:50 PM   #2
crxh22honda
JDM King

Default Re: rsx cabin filter/ heat problems

Old 02/16/2014, 06:52 PM   #3
crxh22honda
JDM King

Default Re: rsx cabin filter/ heat problems