Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Miscellaneous Forum > Appearance/Cosmetic

Old 10/17/2010, 07:47 PM   #26
91efcivic
JDM Knight

Default Re: H22 integra build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celica13 View Post
Wanna do my wire tuck? Great progress man.
no one should ever do a wire tuck.. if i wouldnt have had to i would have left it out in the open easier to work on.. when the car is ready to drive i have a feeling ill be trying to figur out wiring problems which will be a bitch since everything is tucked away

Old 10/19/2010, 10:19 AM   #27
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91efcivic View Post

heres pretty much how the engine bay will look. tab fab will be making the mani and the down pipe.
Intercooler pipe routing, downpipe routing, intake manifold design?

Old 10/19/2010, 07:48 PM   #28
garyLT1
JDM Soldier

this is the best looking turbo set up ive ever seen on a honda looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
We should drift the parking garage like they do in Tokyo! I'll see you guys at the top!
Old 10/20/2010, 08:43 AM   #29
remix Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyLT1 View Post
this is the best looking turbo set up ive ever seen on a honda looks great
I Agree, It also Leaves some room to keep a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
your mother should have swallowed !!!
94 Dodge dakota
96 Civic ls Swapped
Previously owned
84 cilica supra
94 4 door civic
89 bmw
89 crx si
91 crx si
Old 10/20/2010, 10:38 AM   #30
Tripz_12
JDM Soldier

Thats Crazy

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 10/20/2010, 12:01 PM   #31
91efcivic
JDM Knight

im hoping to go with a cutsom intake man also.. we the car is finished it will look way different then this.. the pic that is posted isnt the integra but a vary close set up.. the on in the pic is made out of steal the one being make for me is made out of pipe.. which will be about 30-40 lbs lighter in the end.

Old 10/20/2010, 01:35 PM   #32
ChunKy
my mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
Intercooler pipe routing, downpipe routing, intake manifold design?
i bet he can use a subi top mount, just need custom a intake mani pointing up like y7's lol

blah
Old 10/20/2010, 03:51 PM   #33
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Yeah, I can see that it is done in an EK. The main problems I see are the intercooling/charge pipes (how are you going to get a charge pipe to a stock intake manifold), wastegate setup and placement (with the way the manifold feeds the turbine housing, wastegate placement is key to prevent boost creep), downpipe (going to need a custom intake manifold if you are planning on exiting underneath the car and not out through the hood), oil return lines (going to be snaked halfway across the bay), and cooling system issues (the manifold is crossing over both the upper and lower radiator hoses and that is a lot of radiant heat). Great, you made extra room forward of the engine, but for what? There is no A/C, no power steering, lots of useless space. The A/C pressure lines would travel parallel with the manifold with a stock A/C setup underneath the hood. Ask Chad how that works out. Last problem I can think of is stress. Stress on the manifold studs in the head and stress on the collector flange. Places that I would not want any extra stress. To relieve that stress, you would need a brace, and that brace is going to transfer heat to whatever it is connected to.

While it is a great piece of fab work, I can think of many other ways that would be more efficient, easier, and require less custom work, all while maintaing that "one-off" look that everybody seems to be going for. I can't see this car being used for a drag setup, but more for a show car piece. Just my thoughts. Not the way I would choose to do it.

Mike

Old 10/20/2010, 03:56 PM   #34
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

That looks like 304SS or 304L being used in the picture. It looks like it is probably SCH10 or SCH40 pipe and weld-els being used. Short of going to Ti or Inconel, you are not going to get any lighter than SHC10 weld-els and SS pipe. I doubt you are going to be saving weight over the setup pictured. Unless you are planning on keeping A/C and power steering, save some time and money and go a more conventional route. It will save headaches in the long run also.

Mike

Old 10/21/2010, 10:15 AM   #35
dinko
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
Yeah, I can see that it is done in an EK. The main problems I see are the intercooling/charge pipes (how are you going to get a charge pipe to a stock intake manifold), wastegate setup and placement (with the way the manifold feeds the turbine housing, wastegate placement is key to prevent boost creep), downpipe (going to need a custom intake manifold if you are planning on exiting underneath the car and not out through the hood), oil return lines (going to be snaked halfway across the bay), and cooling system issues (the manifold is crossing over both the upper and lower radiator hoses and that is a lot of radiant heat). Great, you made extra room forward of the engine, but for what? There is no A/C, no power steering, lots of useless space. The A/C pressure lines would travel parallel with the manifold with a stock A/C setup underneath the hood. Ask Chad how that works out. Last problem I can think of is stress. Stress on the manifold studs in the head and stress on the collector flange. Places that I would not want any extra stress. To relieve that stress, you would need a brace, and that brace is going to transfer heat to whatever it is connected to.

While it is a great piece of fab work, I can think of many other ways that would be more efficient, easier, and require less custom work, all while maintaing that "one-off" look that everybody seems to be going for. I can't see this car being used for a drag setup, but more for a show car piece. Just my thoughts. Not the way I would choose to do it.

Mike

i just shook my head when i saw that picture. can you just imagine that radiator hose when that manifold heats up? lol.

maybe it's a super new turbo setup where your dump tube actually dumps right into the manifold so no boost is wasted!!!

flickr

Old 10/21/2010, 12:26 PM   #36
91efcivic
JDM Knight

on 27 lbs of boost we'll see just how much power it makes and if it wont be a drag car.. remeber drag cars are only supposed to be running for 10 mins tops.. im not looking to DD this by no means.. and anyone who wants to call it out next spring lets getty up.. on another not car goes for paint next week satin black supporting my shop name down the side. i welcome anyone and everyone to come check it out at tri state next summer..

Old 10/21/2010, 03:59 PM   #37
Garrett

Quote:
on 27 lbs of boost we'll see just how much power it makes and if it wont be a drag car.. remeber drag cars are only supposed to be running for 10 mins tops.. im not looking to DD this by no means.. and anyone who wants to call it out next spring lets getty up.. on another not car goes for paint next week satin black supporting my shop name down the side. i welcome anyone and everyone to come check it out at tri state next summer..
Getting a little cocky before its even finished are we! Lol. Well...Nothing much to say but, see you at the track then! Good luck, hope your cars is as fast as you "aspire it to be" Let me know when your ready, I'll let the rest of the boys know and we can catch up, come with a full wallet too, I wanna clean it out for you

Old 10/21/2010, 05:08 PM   #38
91efcivic
JDM Knight

i dont think ill be makin 650 but hey ill try ya some. i really dont car what comes out of the teg do to the face i have a 900 hp 400 being built to put in my 72 nova.. i do kno i will be piss stomping $50,000 vetts all summer long next year in a honda. thats what im really going for.... to see the dumb look on there faces when a 4 banger honda blows by 'em on the track.. i think every honda ower feels the same way. if u want some races i do have friends her in CR that would LOVE!!! to take some money from u if ur up to racing AWD cars..? or even a sprayed camaro?

Old 10/21/2010, 08:02 PM   #39
zachv365
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
145mph traps...Stuck at 143mph...
143, fuuuuuuck that's nothin. I think my explorer will do about a quarter of that.

Anyway, the teg's coming along nice man. Who is painting it if you don't mind me asking?

2006 Ford Explorer XLT- DD
1995 Acura Integra GSR-Weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2k5 View Post
Posts are not subjected to letter grades, they are just subjected to member perception and persecution.
Old 11/12/2010, 09:36 PM   #40
91efcivic
JDM Knight

Have decited to donate the girls 4dr ek for the build teg shell is for sale.

Old 12/21/2010, 02:02 AM   #41
ramoncivicsi
JDM Fan

looks sick great job. but if i were u i would just do a k-series swap into it instead. they are much stronger and rev higher and can take the abuse.

Old 12/21/2010, 12:55 PM   #42
mike03
JDM King

Quote:

heres pretty much how the engine bay will look. tab fab will be making the mani and the down pipe.
dope as turbo set up

DD: 00' Civic Ex

94' Honda Civic Ex - sold