JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda CRX/Civic/Del Sol

Old 02/21/2013, 07:01 PM   #1
nickpannier

Default h22 swap need help

so my buddy and i are swapping is h22 into my 97 civic coupe came with the d16y8 we kinda know what we are doing but could use some real help we are wanting to know all the parts we will still need out of the coupe to use on the swap his h22 is running right now so he has all the parts just wanna know really if it will drop right in if we put the wire harnesses in and will the harness fit from switching car

Old 02/21/2013, 10:23 PM   #2
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Default Re: h22 swap need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpannier View Post
so my buddy and i are swapping is h22 into my 97 civic coupe came with the d16y8 we kinda know what we are doing but could use some real help we are wanting to know all the parts we will still need out of the coupe to use on the swap his h22 is running right now so he has all the parts just wanna know really if it will drop right in if we put the wire harnesses in and will the harness fit from switching car
You will have to modify the original harness off of the D16Y8. Extend the alternator plugs, add wiring for the secondary butterflies if you are keeping them, and decide which IAT you are going to use. I can't think of much else right off of the top of my head. Punctuation also helps to convey your thoughts better, and aids the people trying to help you understand your thoughts. I believe I covered what you are asking.

Old 09/03/2013, 04:28 AM   #3
H2Bpapi

Default Re: h22 swap need help

the only real bitch (to some people) is mounting the shift box in correctly. are you swapping a obd1 or obd2 h22 in your ek?