JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Tuning

Closed Thread

Old 11/02/2011, 09:06 PM   #1
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

Default poor man type r wont rev

I just got a poor man type r with ctr pistons full supertech valvetrain. And jut threw in some blox hsl cams. Well it will hit vtec and it screams but after about 10 mins of driving it won't rev past vtec ingagement. It will rev to it then right when vtec is supposed to hit it does kinda a redline thing like hitting limiter. No cel codes. I think it just needs tuned. Been doing reasurch and people say spun bearing can cause this. But I don't hear anything like spun bearing. But I know if u keep driving like this I can spin a bearing. It happened to a older motor of mine.if anyone has any advise lmk.

Old 11/02/2011, 11:16 PM   #2
KA7_Legend
gt4 coming soon

Default Re: poor man type r wont rev

Does it have 2 step? And is the speedometer working properly?

Old 11/02/2011, 11:26 PM   #3
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Oil pressure?

Old 11/03/2011, 10:05 AM   #4
asianboy3t
JDM Soldier

sounds like a headache i dont want..goodluck tho

Old 11/03/2011, 12:11 PM   #5
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

No 2 step and yea everything is working good. And I'm gonna hook up oil pressure gauge this weekend. To see what its a. It just don't make sence cu it works fine until its warm. Maybe coolant temp switch idk. Thanks for advise. And yea it seems like every dam motor I have ever had in any car vtec is a problem. Such a pain but when it work dam its nice

Old 11/03/2011, 12:16 PM   #6
deadmoans
JDM Knight

when was the last time the oil was changed? It's possible that when the oil is getting hot it is thinning out too much. That's probably best case, but it's worth trying.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.

Old 11/03/2011, 04:17 PM   #7
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

Well I don't think its oil cuz the kid who I got it from just put fresh oil in it. And he had everything the same but not blox hsl cams. He ran ctr cams then sold them and ran b16 cams. And everything worked good for him.

Old 11/03/2011, 04:24 PM   #8
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

What ecu is it running on? What kind of program? There are quite a few things that will keep a serup from engaging vtec on a stock based program. VTEC pressure switch, ECT sensor, VSS, knock sensor, and a few other parameters. If the oil pressure is not over 50psi at the crossover point, the pressure switch keeps the solenoid from activating. That sounds like the issue here after the oil gets warmed up and thins out while driving.

Old 11/03/2011, 04:26 PM   #9
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95hellatukd View Post
Well I don't think its oil cuz the kid who I got it from just put fresh oil in it. And he had everything the same but not blox hsl cams. He ran ctr cams then sold them and ran b16 cams. And everything worked good for him.
Did you degree in those Blox HSL's at all? Or re-tune for them? Not wise to be running a cam like that with just drop in and go installation technique.

Old 11/03/2011, 05:17 PM   #10
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

just running a type r base map. thats what i think it is is it just needs a tune. pronly just gonna put b16 cams back in til i get it tuned and running on the corn.

Old 11/03/2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Josi
JDM Knight

Check your ignition system, dizzy,cap,rotor,plugs,wire, I had the same thing happen to one if my old cars, replaced everything and she ran like a champ.

..........I have nothing but time ...........

Old 11/03/2011, 08:19 PM   #12
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

yea im gonna just put in the b16 cams and see if that fixes it and if it does then its obvious it needs tuned. but i just realized today that my thermostat housing dont have a temp sensor on it so was wondering if that could cause it but idk cuz there is no cel codes. its either tunning or im stumpped and mike probly a little before spring im gonna ge tahold of you for that guy u were talking about to degree in my cams

Old 11/05/2011, 08:06 PM   #13
TwokSiR
JDM Knight

Your a retard, I told you it would run this way with that basemap. Did you think I was fucking joking?

Old 11/05/2011, 08:06 PM   #14
TwokSiR
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95hellatukd View Post
yea im gonna just put in the b16 cams and see if that fixes it and if it does then its obvious it needs tuned. but i just realized today that my thermostat housing dont have a temp sensor on it so was wondering if that could cause it but idk cuz there is no cel codes. its either tunning or im stumpped and mike probly a little before spring im gonna ge tahold of you for that guy u were talking about to degree in my cams
You think you can just throw a huge cam in without a tune? Damn kids these days.

Old 11/05/2011, 08:20 PM   #15
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

WOW dude seriously u were the one who said it it would be the best time to throw them in and ur the one who went and got them for me so what the fuck r u talking about. retard. why u such an ass man.

Old 11/06/2011, 12:08 AM   #16
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwokSiR View Post
You think you can just throw a huge cam in without a tune? Damn kids these days.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Old 11/06/2011, 12:48 AM   #17
Josi
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcossel29 View Post
I don't see how this is constructive to the his thread where he's asking for help, instead of laughing like a jackass. Help him!

..........I have nothing but time ...........

Old 11/06/2011, 12:56 AM   #18
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josi View Post
I don't see how this is constructive to the his thread where he's asking for help, instead of laughing like a jackass. Help him!
Same could be said for this post..

It's obviously an issue with the tune, especially since is started a different thread asking to recommend cam gears. He needs an aftermarket set of cam gears, the cams degreed, and the car needs tuned. A base map is just that, a base tune to get the car running so you can ensure its safe and ready for the dyno. The tune was not meant to be ran hard on like he is trying to do.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Old 11/06/2011, 01:56 AM   #19
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

Yea.I figured it was a tune that was needed. And that's why I was asking is for some constructive answers. And yea I was just asking if any one has used a certain cam gear and heard anything bad about a certain brand. And how would u know how I drive my car do u watch me or what. Thanks for the people who actually give advise and to the rest of u are just dicks I hope u need help someday and u get the same responces.

Old 11/06/2011, 10:49 AM   #20
TwokSiR
JDM Knight

I'm saying that I told you before you got them that it would run like shit until it was tuned.

Old 11/06/2011, 11:53 AM   #21
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

please delete thread

Closed Thread