JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda CRX/Civic/Del Sol

Old 01/16/2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Nluna94
JDM Fan

Exclaim help! what does the manual d16y8 intake manifold look like for a 98 civic ?

hi i have been doing alot of work to my 98 civic lately and i just did the manual transmission swap and everything runs fine except for my idle or iacv valve is failing i am throwing engine code for iacv and my 2nd o2 sensor also and i know how to fix the iacv i am gonna splice the wire off of a 2 wire adapter off of a manual engine harness because right know i am running off of a automatic wiring harness which u can do no problem. but what i need to know is what the difference is between the auto intake Mani and manual intake Mani mine is a p2k itp-4 not sure what this number means but i am assuming its the identification number and it has a 3 wire iacv and the iacv is located on the throttle body but i think the manual manifold has the 2 wire iacv which i need and the iacv is located on the intake itself i think that's the difference but im not sure if anybody could back me up on this assumption feel free i am still researching but cant find legit pictures... thank you

CIVIC 98 EK
~ Nick Luna
Old 01/16/2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Default Re: help! what does the manual d16y8 intake manifold look like for a 98 civic ?

Wow you wrote a lot. lol. Thank you.

Anyway, first of all 2 questions. What ecu are you using? Secondly what iacv are you using? All the constant back and forth about this many/that many wired IACV got me really confused really fast. Is yours on the throttle body or on the back of the intake manifold?

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 01/16/2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Default Re: help! what does the manual d16y8 intake manifold look like for a 98 civic ?

I'm just going to assume you're running a y8 manual ecu or similar. Also I'm going to assume you have the throttle body 3 wire iacv currently. If that's the case then you'll need to convert to the 2 wire iacv that mounts on the back of the manifold.

There are 2 way to do this. First buy a manual throttle body and a 2 wire iacv. On the back of your manifold there is a flat spot like such.

You'll need to drill it for the iacv. One of the holes should already be there and tapped in the upper right. Use that to put the iacv on and mark your second mounting hold. Then drill that (don't go all the way through) and tap it with a M8x1.25 bit.

From there you'll need to drill 2 more holes only one of these going all the way through the manifold in the center where the iacv "vent" sections are at. The one closest to the throttle body you'll only drill about half way out, there should be a passage hole coming from the throttle body mating surface that'll connect to that hole. If not there you'll have to drill it yourself.

As you can see, whoever did this one sucks donky balls at drilling, but luckely you don't need to be precise or anything so if you too suck, it'll all be okay.

Now the second option. Just buy a complete manual intake manifold with throttle body.

Here are some pics of a manual intake manifold for reference.

Note the passage I was talking about earlier that goes through to the throttle body mounting face.

Last edited by Dj Technick; 01/16/2013 at 02:30 PM.

Old 01/18/2013, 07:29 AM   #4
Nluna94
JDM Fan

Lol sorry i tried to be clear as i can lol but ya know better wrencher then a typer lol ok so i am using the 3 wire throttle body iacv right know wich is an automatic intake i think and im running my stock ecu wich is 98 automatic civic ex and the only reasom im.doing that is cause it runs better well the idle does lol it goes up to 2 then down to 1 but if i sot at a light to long it stays under 2000 like i have launch control lol and its super hard to take off lol thats y im running my auto one cause when i run my manual 97 ecu civic ex it stays under 2 and doesnt move ever lol very scary and dangerous to drive on streets lolbut yeah my plan is to buy a whole.new complete y8 manifold manual onwe of course but i also have another problem the wiring harness for a automatic 98 has the 3 wire plug so i have to cut that off and splice it with a manual wiring harness because the manual ones have the 2 wire plug in and then pin it to my ecu lol not hard to do but yeah and then when thats all finished hopefully when i plug my 97 ecu in it will idle just fine problems will go away hopefully thats my plan i just needed to know the difrence betweennintake manifolds cause i thought for sure mine was manual
..i just got done doing my auto to manual swap and everything is great except for that and2ndary o2 sensor? But yeah thats my situation lol probablly ginna have to buy a.whole new wiring harness cause no junkyardnor anybody in davenport has what i need lol ... -.- oh well and i wpuld do the drilling and stuff but lol knowing me id fuck it up haha

CIVIC 98 EK
~ Nick Luna
Old 01/22/2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Nluna94
JDM Fan

Exclaim Re: help! what does the manual d16y8 intake manifold look like for a 98 civic ?

well i ordered a new intake manifold so i will let u know the progress with that lol and ill posts pics on here once i get it its from canada so itll be a while lol but ill update u with the details

CIVIC 98 EK
~ Nick Luna
Old 01/22/2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Sweet, keep us informed.

Old 01/24/2013, 08:30 AM   #7
Nluna94
JDM Fan

Msg Re: help! what does the manual d16y8 intake manifold look like for a 98 civic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
Sweet, keep us informed.
just got my 2 wire iacv plug well the wire part and socket lol they are all the same i found out no matter from what engine as long as its honda and its 2 wire lol i didnt know that but know i got one :) so know all im waiting for is my intake manifold get back to ya when this shit gets installed lol

CIVIC 98 EK
~ Nick Luna
Old 03/21/2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Nluna94
JDM Fan

Exclaim Re: help! what does the manual d16y8 intake manifold look like for a 98 civic ?

well ... got everything hooked up and everything is running right but still throwing the code for the iacv i literally did everything right for the swap so it doesnt matter to me that im throwing the code car runs and drives fine thanks for all the help guys and ill be looking foward to ask more questions in the future or soon lol thanks again

CIVIC 98 EK
~ Nick Luna
Old 11/23/2017, 07:05 AM   #9
Desy188

I'm new to this issue and you helped me.
BB&T live person

Last edited by Desy188; 12/17/2017 at 10:31 PM.