JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Subaru Forum

Old 06/12/2012, 06:17 PM   #1
.:R
JDM Fan

Default Legacy GT thoughts

Posting this for two reasons. One, I want to hear peoples thoughts on the LGT's and also posting to up my post count so I can sell my R32 to hopefully but a LGT.

They seem to be a nice compromise where you can get better than WRX performance with added comfort but not have to pay the insurance premiums that WRX's usually demand.

Any LGT owners or just general Subi enthusiasts that can vouch for them? I've read up on them and done a bunch of research, just want first hand experience from them from people that aren't journalists.

Old 06/12/2012, 09:04 PM   #2
crvtec54
JDM Knight

Default Re: Legacy GT thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:R View Post
Posting this for two reasons. One, I want to hear peoples thoughts on the LGT's and also posting to up my post count so I can sell my R32 to hopefully but a LGT.

They seem to be a nice compromise where you can get better than WRX performance with added comfort but not have to pay the insurance premiums that WRX's usually demand.

Any LGT owners or just general Subi enthusiasts that can vouch for them? I've read up on them and done a bunch of research, just want first hand experience from them from people that aren't journalists.
LGT's are good stuff but honestly, wrx's arent that expensive to own. i have an sti and a wrx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvO-X View Post
guess us americans just love our firebirds with the whip cb antennas and the crager torque thrusts...yeehaw! stars and bars!
http://i.imgur.com/72jrv8J.gif
Old 06/12/2012, 09:13 PM   #3
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Somebody was talking to me regarding these the other day. Am I correct in the understanding that they are equipped with the 2.5, but the turbo setup off of the WRX? And that the compressor cover is a 1 piece design with the top mount intercooler? May be way off here, but I was involved in a discussion regarding these cars just a few days ago. And I really love the design of the Legacy. Was looking at them for the wife, but she will not drive a manual, and Subaru does not make an auto turbo car. But Buick does...

Old 06/13/2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Rosko
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
Somebody was talking to me regarding these the other day. Am I correct in the understanding that they are equipped with the 2.5, but the turbo setup off of the WRX? And that the compressor cover is a 1 piece design with the top mount intercooler? May be way off here, but I was involved in a discussion regarding these cars just a few days ago. And I really love the design of the Legacy. Was looking at them for the wife, but she will not drive a manual, and Subaru does not make an auto turbo car. But Buick does...
Subie does do auto's, or at least they did. Buddy of mine had an '04 wrx with an auto, used to give him alot of shit for it too. 3.0 60ft's but fast on the highway. Color of the car was also red lol, I imagine that red automatics are few and far between, I've never seen another!

www.roskoracing.com
1992 Honda Prelude 12.74@111.8 N/A
Old 06/13/2012, 09:34 AM   #5
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
Subie does do auto's, or at least they did. Buddy of mine had an '04 wrx with an auto, used to give him alot of shit for it too. 3.0 60ft's but fast on the highway. Color of the car was also red lol, I imagine that red automatics are few and far between, I've never seen another!
I remember that car. That has been awhile. As far as their new line-up, no auto turbo cars now. Disappointed.

Old 06/13/2012, 10:42 AM   #6
JBAutosports
JDM Knight

Quote:
Mike - Subaru comes with a lot of auto turbos. Look at the forester XT Turbo. They come in Auto, have tons of luxury features and some serious torque. You wouldn't know what to do with it... They run 14's stock and you can lower them with STi parts and keep it civil. I always liked them, bro. Its ok for kiddies and you, but no 3rd row obviously... :(

mmmm....hottt like butter toast!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22335548&Log=0

lilttle cheaper...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...22878396&Log=0

Cheap and low-ish miles...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...19529300&Log=0

OMG, this is local lowered on STI wheels and WHITE like Aryan brotherhood

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...17399162&Log=0

E-Mail: sales@jbautosports.com (best way to contact)
Phone:
888-885-2002
SPECIAL PRICING VIA PM
www.jbautosports.com
AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR OVER 400 PRODUCT LINES
Like us on Facebook for Facebook only specials!
Old 06/13/2012, 04:03 PM   #7
bukChans
JDM Soldier

The last XT is badass but too bad its a Car City car which I will not give any business to.

02 Subie WRX - turbo spooling at 12 mph!
06 Civic LX
Old 06/13/2012, 05:46 PM   #8
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Sorry, let me specify. I was speaking of new, but yes, there used to be both the Legacy and the Forester that were available with an automatic transmission. My new love is the Buick Regal GS though. That thing is sexy.

Old 06/13/2012, 05:56 PM   #9
JBAutosports
JDM Knight

Quote:
Sorry, let me specify. I was speaking of new, but yes, there used to be both the Legacy and the Forester that were available with an automatic transmission. My new love is the Buick Regal GS though. That thing is sexy.
They do look refined and classy. Those chrome wheels looks like they weigh 2 tons each and some insane wheel gap. I could not stay away from not modding it...

E-Mail: sales@jbautosports.com (best way to contact)
Phone:
888-885-2002
SPECIAL PRICING VIA PM
www.jbautosports.com
AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR OVER 400 PRODUCT LINES
Like us on Facebook for Facebook only specials!
Old 06/13/2012, 09:14 PM   #10
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

2.0L ecotec turbo making 270ish...6 speed auto for Nikki. That thing just wants to be driven. Man, I am getting old, lusting over a Buick. And I wouldn't spring for the 19/20's, I would start looking for some HRE's.

Old 06/15/2012, 08:22 AM   #11
lulzcow
JDM Soldier

I had a 2nd generation LGT non turbo 5-speed wagon swap, and it was a ton of fun. I know the guys in the Subaru club had even more fun and were a lot faster with their newer Legacy GTs. I'd say go for it!

Haters gon' hate
Old 06/17/2012, 09:03 AM   #12
JDM Fan

Yeah the insurance on a WRX I could afford, but I just think having the added room and little bit more comfort would be nice. I'm getting rid of my R32 because I want something with 4 doors and little nicer ride. The R32 handles like a champ and everything but the streets in Pella are pretty much all terrible so I constantly look drunk because I'm swerving to avoid all bumps.

Old 06/18/2012, 01:47 PM   #13
austing64
JDM Soldier

I WANT THE WHITE FORESTER MHHHHH! AND THEY NOW MAKE AN STI VERSION THAT I BELIEVE ISNT AVALABLE IN THE STATES

"you like my new car huh? lick your lips, slut."

07'STi

93'BMW 318is

84'"355 cid" S-10

01'Yamaha R1
Old 06/18/2012, 10:14 PM   #14
JDM Fan

Foresters are pretty nice, I think I like the look of the LGT more though. Was in Australia and saw heaps of nice JDM cars. Evo VII's, older STi's, Skylines and various Supras and Soarers. Thinking of moving there and if I do I'm picking up a Skyline.